Our Team in Trafford
Liberal Democrat Council Group Leader: Cllr Julian Newgrosh
Liberal Democrat Council Group Deputy Leader: Cllr Jane Brophy
Liberal Democrat Council Group Secretary: Cllr Meena Minnis
Elections in Trafford
- Trafford Metropolitan Borough Council has 21 wards - each of which elect three Councillors - producing a total of 63 Councillors.
- One of the three slots in each ward is contested every year, with the newly elected Councillor serving a four-year term of office. This means we have elections every year in the month of May for three years, followed by a fourth year with no elections.
- Update: in 2022 all 63 Councillors will face re-election as the ward areas are being reviewed by the Boundary Commission.
- We have local teams across Trafford, if you want to get in touch please follow the local team link for your area:
- Trafford votes as part of Greater Manchester to elect the Mayor of Greater Manchester, the first election of this type was in 2017 with the first term shortened to 3 years.
- Trafford has 3 MPs that cover the parliamentary constituencies of Altrincham & Sale West, Wythenshawe & Sale East and Stretford & Urmston and are elected for a maximum of five years before the Queen dissolves Parliament, or sooner if Parliament votes for an early election.
- Our team always fields candidates across all elections so you have the opportunity to vote for the Liberal Democrats.